- Having restricted or rigid views, and being unreceptive to new ideas.
- 1963 June, “Second thoughts on Beeching”, in Modern Railways, page 362:
- Even Mr. Wilson's speech, excellent as it was, could only condemn the Government's narrow-minded approach for the reasons we have outlined, [...].
- Intolerant, bigoted or prejudiced.
having restricted or rigid views, and being unreceptive to new ideas
intolerant, bigoted or prejudiced
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked